Your information source for products, shopping, marketing and business services, health matters, home and garden, food and lesiure, weight loss, anti-ageing surgical procedures and non-surgical rejuvenation treatments.
Friday, August 30, 2019
Energizing Mint Soap Recipe
Wake up your senses with homemade Energizing Mint Soap.
Mint and ginger is the perfect combination to wake up your senses in the morning.
Phot by Fotolia
A perfect gift for a sleepyhead, this combination of mint and ginger is guarantee
to wake up the senses during a morning shower.
• Metal or silicone cake pans, or soap molds
• Sweet almond or peanut oil, for greasing molds
• 7 ounces glycerin melt-and-mold soap base
• 1 tablespoon dried mint
• 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
• 5 drops peppermint oil
1. Lightly but thoroughly grease the molds with oil, or line molds with parchment paper or muffin liners.
2. Grate soap coarsely and place in a heat-proof bowl large enough to fit over a saucepan. Place bowl over a pan of barely simmering water—the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Melt soap, stirring from time to time, until it’s liquid and well-blended. Remove bowl from heat. Stir in mint, ginger and peppermint oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour liquid soap into a glass measuring cup and then into greased or lined molds. Rap molds gently on the worktop to eliminate air bubbles (not necessary if you are using silicone molds) and leave to set for at least 4 hours.
4. If you’re using silicone molds, simply press the soaps out. If using metal molds, use a small, sharp knife to help ease them out. Leave in a cool, dry place for 3 to 4 weeks to “cure” or harden before using. Makes about 4 soap bars.