1 Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shell
1 pkg instant strawberry dessert mix (69g)
1/2 pkg mini marshmallows
1 large marshmallow
2 blue juice berry candies (or any other gummy)
2 red gum drops
1 cup red decorating sugar (in zippered sandwich bag)
1/2 cup white decorating sugar (in zippered sandwich bag)
1 red lips candy
Red licorice laces
Step 1 – Bake
• Prepare Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shell as per package directions. Remove with oven mitts, and set aside to cool.
Step 2 – Mix
Once crust has cooled completely, prepare instant dessert mix. Fill pie crust w/ mousse, smoothing top w/ spatula.
Step 3 – Decorate!
• To create smiling eyes, cut two crescent shapes from blue juiceberries and place about 1 ½ inches apart halfway down the pie.
• Make cheeks rosy by pressing red gum drops into mousse, as shown. Add another for the nose and then start filling in the beard, mustache and sideburns w/ mini-marshmallows. Use a large marshmallow for the cap’s pompom.
• Leave a space for the mouth. With scissors, trim the upper lip off the lip candy, using the lower lip for Santa’s mouth. Take care not to do too much repositioning, as mousse sets quickly.
• Finish up by drawing in the cap outline with the tip of a knife to help guide you. Outline the cap with red licorice lace. Put the white and red decorating sugars in separate small snack-sized zippered sandwich bags and snip hole in one corner. Using the bag to help dispense the sugar, fill in the licorice-outlined cap with the red sugar and use white for the fur brim.
• Serve Santa on your favorite Christmas platter and enjoy with guests.
Post a Comment