Chef Susan Sbicca's gelato on the rise from San Diego roots to LA grocers
with dairy-free and nut-free flavors
Gelato, an organic plant based good-for-you gelato company, has launched
their new Summer flavors in the Los Angeles at 35 Gelson's and Bristol
Farms markets. With the success of their decadently rich cashew cream and
sprouted almond milk based creations, Millie's is rolling out new, refreshing
and nut-free variations for summer.
- Strawberry Coconut Creme: Organic fresh strawberries blended with
- Organic coconut cream and raw agave.
- Vanilla Coconut Creme: Organic coconut cream, raw agave, organic
- vanilla extract and a hint of rosewater.
- Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt: A velvety cocoa base with swirls of salty
- sweet caramel,
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake: Creamy lemon cheesecake gelato flecked
- with tart morsels of organic raspberries.
- Mocha Almond Butter Fudge: Chocolate and organic fair trade decaf coffee
- with thick ribbons of crunchy almond butter
PETA's #2 "Most Vegan Friendly City" was a challenge, but we survived.
I hope our new flavors will be a bridge to introduce the average consumer
to the idea of a plant-based diet." - Susan Sbicca, CEO & Founder of Millie's Gelato.
San Diego based Millie's Vegan Gelato was founded by Award winning
chef, Susan Sbicca who committed to a plant-based diet in 2010 to repair
her health. Her good-for-you gelato, made without dairy, eggs, soy or gluten
has been served at various Stella McCartney events. Susan started selling her
homemade creations at Farmer's Markets before catching the eyes and hearts
of all-natural food powerhouses like Whole Foods and Erewhon as distributors.
She is former co-owner and executive chef of the award-winning Sbicca, in
Del Mar, CA and the Meritage Restaurant & Bar in Encinitas, CA. In 2006,
Susan was named Chef of the Year by the San Diego Chapter of the California
Restaurant Association and Chef of the Year at the California Restaurant
Association Educational Foundation Hall of Fame Centennial Celebration.
CONTACT: Alexander Ali, The Society Group (310) 991-6368